Course Name: TASCO (Advanced Training for Oil Tanker and Cargo Operation) --> Duration : 10 Days --> Fees : ₹7000/-
The TASCO Course, also known as the Advanced Training for Oil Tanker and
Cargo Operations, is a 10-day advanced certification course that provides training
to masters, chief engineers, chief mates, second engineers, and any seafarer with
immediate responsibility for the loading, discharging, care in transit, handling of
cargo, or any other cargo-related operations on oil tankers.
This TASCO Course in Mumbai covers the minimum required competence as given in STCW Code Section A-V/1-1-2. It comprises a specialized advanced training programme in appropriate seafarer duties relating to oil tanker safety, familiarity with oil cargoes, hazard prevention, occupational health precautions, emergency action, pollution prevention, and compliance with applicable laws.
- Oil Tanker Design, Systems, and Equipment.
- Pump theory, Types of Cargo Pumps, and Safe Operations.
- Tanker Safety Culture and Management Systems.
- Monitoring and Safety Systems.
- Loading, Unloading, Handling, and Care of Cargo.
- Cargo-related Operation Plans, Procedures, and Checklists.
- Calibration and Use of Gas-Detection Systems and Equipment.
- Physical and Chemical Properties of Oil Cargoes.
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Hazard Control.
- Safe Working Practices.
- Emergency Response.
- Pollution Prevention.
- MARPOL and Legislative Regulations.
- Case Studies.
STSDSD Course Eligibility:
- Candidate should have completed the Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations (OTCTO) Course.
- Candidate should have at least 3 months of approved service on oil tankers within the last sixty months; OR at least one month of approved onboard training on oil tankers in a supervisory capacity (which should encompass at least three loading and three unloading operations).
- Candidate should possess a valid Certificate of Competency (CoC).
- OTCTO Certificate.
- INDOS Number.
- Passport Size Photographs.
- Copy of COC.
Course Fees: ₹7000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the TASCO Course in Mumbai, candidates will receive a certificate of proficiency in Advanced Training for Oil Tanker and Cargo Operations.