Course Name: EFA (Elementary First Aid) --> Duration : 2.5 Days --> Fees : ₹7000/-
The STCW EFA Course (Elementary First Aid) is a 2.5-day certification course that
is part of the mandatory basic safety training for all seafarers who intend to work
onboard commercial vehicles.
This Elementary First Aid Training meets the minimum standard of competence required under the STCW Code Section AVI/1-3. It is a combination of theoretical and practical learning that trains seafarers in basic first aid and life-saving skills, teaching them to respond appropriately to the most common medical emergencies at sea and minimize the risk of further harm to self or casualty at all times.
On completing this EFA Course in Mumbai, students will become competent to take immediate action upon encountering a medical emergency or accident until the arrival of a person in charge of medical care on board.
- Immediate Action in the Event of Accident or Injury.
- Assessment of Needs of Casualties or Threat to Safety.
- Understanding of Body Structure and Functions.
- Positioning of Casualty.
- Resuscitation Techniques.
- Controlling Bleeding.
- Basic Shock Management Measures.
- Response to Burns, Scalds, and Accidents caused by
- Rescue and Transportation of Casualty.
- Bandages and Use of Emergency Kit.
EFA Course Eligibility:
- The Elementary First Aid Course is required for all seafarers intending to work onboard seagoing commercial ships.
- INDOS Number is Mandatory.
- All candidates must be in good physical and mental health.
- Passport-sized photos.
- INDOS Number.
- Medical Fitness Certificate from a DG-approved doctor.
Course Fees: ₹7000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the EFA course in Mumbai (individually or as part of
the BST course), candidates will receive a certificate of proficiency in Elementary
The certificate has lifetime validity, although it is recommended to undergo the EFA Refresher Course every five years to update your first aid knowledge and skills.