Course Name: MFA-R (Medical First Aid Refresher) --> Duration : 1 Day --> Fees : ₹3000/-
The MFA-R Course (Medical First Aid Refresher) is a one-day certification course that provides seafarers with an opportunity to refresh and update their medical first aid knowledge and skills.
This MFA-R Training Course in Mumbai provides students with the essential training and proficiency required to apply first aid to a casualty who is injured or suffering from an illness at sea. The MFA-R Training Course includes both theoretical knowledge and practical training, helping build the seafarers’ capacity to assist in dealing with various medical emergencies on board.
Candidates who have completed their MFA Course should opt for this STCW Medical First Aid Refresher every five years, along with the e-learning module and exam, to maintain the minimum required standards of competence.
- Knowledge of Security Threats and Patterns.
- First Aid Kit.
- Body structure and function (Skeletal, Muscular, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Digestive Systems).
- Toxicological hazards aboard Ship.
- Examination of Casualty/Patient.
- Spinal Injuries.
- Burns, Scalds, and Effects of heat and cold.
- Fractures, Dislocations, and Muscular Injuries.
- Medical care of rescued persons (incl. Distress, Hypothermia, and Cold Exposure).
- Radio Medical Advice.
- Cardiac arrest, asphyxia, and drowning.
STSDSD Course Eligibility:
- Only those seafarers who have completed the MFA course are eligible for the MFA-R Training Course in Mumbai.
- INDOS Number is Mandatory.
- Candidates should be physically and mentally capable for the STCW Medical First Aid Refresher, given the practical nature of the course.
- Valid STCW MFA (Medical First Aid) Certificate.
- INDOS Number.
- CDC Number.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Valid Medical certificate by a DGS-approved doctor.
Course Fees: ₹3000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive the STCW Medical First Aid Refresher certificate after a short exam. This certificate is valid for five years, after which you must undergo the MFA-R Training Course to update your competency.