Course Name: PST-R (Personal Survival Techniques Refresher) --> Duration : 1 Day --> Fees : ₹3000/-
The STCW Personal Survival Techniques Refresher Course (PST-R) is a one-day
course that provides trainees with updated training in safety familiarization and
personal survival techniques.
The Refresher PST Course provides students with the essential knowledge required to maximize their chances of survival at sea in the event of ship abandonment. The course also teaches how to use lifejackets, inflatable rafts, and other life-saving equipment efficiently.
The aim of this PST Marine course is to give seafarers the opportunity to refresh their survival knowledge and maintain the minimum standard of proficiency as set out in the STCW Code. Existing seafarers with a Personal Survival Techniques (PST Course) certificate must undergo the PST Refresher Course once every five years.
Section A: Theory.
- Types of Emergency Situations.
- Life-saving Appliances on Ships.
- Survival Craft Equipment.
- Location of Life-saving Appliances on Ships.
- Survival Principles.
- Personal Protective Clothing.
- Evacuation of Ship.
- Risks posed to Survivors at Sea.
Section B: Practical.
- How to Don a Life Jacket
- How to Don & Use an Immersion Suit.
- How to Jump into the Water Safely from a Height.
- Staying Afloat with and without Life Jacket.
- Actions to Boost Chance of Survival.
- How to Board Life Rafts.
- How to Operate Survival Equipment & Location Devices.
PST-R Course Eligibility:
- Seafarers who have completed the PST Course are eligible.
- All candidates must be in good health and physically fit.
- PST Course Certificate.
- INDOS Number.
- CDC Number.
- Medical Certificate.
- Passport-sized Photographs.
Course Fees: ₹3000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the Personal Survival Techniques Refresher Course,
all trainees will receive the STCW PST-R Certificate following a short exam.
The PST Refresher Course certificate will be valid for five years. You will be required to attend the PST-R Course at five-year intervals.