Course Name: CHEMCO (Advanced Training for Chemical Tanker and Cargo Operation) --> Duration : 10 Days --> Fees : ₹7000/-
The CHEMCO Course in Mumbai (Advanced Training for Chemical Tanker and Cargo Operation) is a 10-day certification course that provides training to masters, chief engineers, chief mates, second engineers, and any personnel with immediate responsibilities related to loading, discharging, care, and handling of cargo, or other cargo-related operations on chemical tankers, in accordance with Section A-V/1-1-3 of the STCW Code.
Through this Advanced Chemical Tanker Course, candidates will acquire knowledge and skills appropriate to their duties, including those related to chemical tanker systems, tanker safety, pollution prevention, hazard control, emergency response, safe operational practices, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Chemical Tanker Design, Systems, and Equipment.
- Pump Theory and Characteristics, Types of Cargo Pumps, and Safe Operations.
- Tanker Safety Culture and Management System.
- Monitoring and Safety Systems.
- Loading, Unloading, Handling, and Care of Chemical Cargo.
- Cargo-related Operation Plans, Procedures, and Checklists.
- Gas-Detection Systems.
- Physical and Chemical Properties of Noxious Liquid Substances.
- Hazard Control.
- Relevant Safe Working Practices.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Pollution Prevention.
- MARPOL and other regulations.
- IBC Code.
- Case Studies.
- Candidates should have successfully completed the Basic OTCTO Course to be eligible for the Advanced Chemical Tanker Course.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 months of approved service on chemical tankers within the last 60 months; OR at least one month of onboard training on chemical tankers in a supervisory capacity (which should also encompass at least three loading and three unloading operations on record).
- Officers with a valid Certificate of Competency (CoC).
- Valid OTCTO Certificate.
- INDOS Number.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Copy of CoC (if applicable).
Course Fees: ₹7000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the CHEMCO Course in Mumbai, candidates will receive a certificate of proficiency in Advanced Training for Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations.