Course Name: PSF (Crowd Management) --> Duration : 2.5 Days --> Fees : ₹3000/-
The PSF Course (Passenger Ship Familiarization) in Crowd Management, also
known as the Crowd Management Course, is a 2.5 days certification course that is
mandatory for masters, ratings, officers, and other seafarers and ship personnel who
will be serving onboard commercial vehicles with the responsibility of assistance to
the passengers in situations of emergency.
This Crowd Management Course in Mumbai aims to provide students with the knowledge and skill required to deal with passengers and crowds in emergencies, locate vital safety and emergency equipment, maintain effective communication with passengers, and comply with the ship’s safety and emergency protocols.
The STCW Crowd Management course also provides knowledge about the relevance of crowd management rules, factors affecting human behaviour in emergency situations, and how to mitigate the risk of a panic response.
- Emergency Preparedness.
- Shipboard Emergency Plans.
- Management & Evacuation of Passengers.
- Crowd Management Techniques.
- Essential Safety & Emergency Equipment and Control Plans.
- Muster Lists.
- Duties of Emergency Teams.
- Emergency Instructions.
- Assisting Passengers enroute to Muster and Embarking Stations.
- Managing Passengers in Corridors, Staircases, and Passageways.
- Importance and Maintenance of Escape Routes.
- Mustering Procedures.
- Effective Communication with Passengers.
PSF Course Eligibility:
- The Crowd Management Course is required for all new and existing seafarers.
- INDOS Number is Mandatory.
- A minimum SSC Pass is desirable.
- Candidate must be in good physical and mental health.
- INDOS Number.
- Indian CDC Number (Existing Seafarers).
- Passport-sized Photographs.
- Medical Certificate of Fitness (DGS-Approved).
Course Fees: ₹5000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be issued a Certificate of
Proficiency in PSF (STCW Crowd Management).
Masters, ratings, officers, and other ship personnel with crowd management responsibilities must undergo a refresher course every five years or prove evidence of achieved competency within the previous five years.