Course Name: PSSR (Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities)
Duration : 4 Days
Fees : ₹7000/-
Buy Course Online
The STCW PSSR (Personal Safety and Social Responsibility Course) is a 4-day
certification course that is part of the mandatory training required for all seafarers
who wish to work onboard commercial ships. The PSSR course fulfils the minimum
required standard of competence for seafarers in accordance with STCW Code
Section A-VI/1-4 and forms a part of the combined Basic Safety Training course.
Living and working onboard a ship at sea is vastly different compared to living and
working ashore. For the uninitiated seafarers, working onboard without proper
familiarization puts them at risk of various hazards. This PSSR Training is designed
to prepare new recruits for life on a ship and make their transition to a seafarer’s life
as seamless as possible.
The objective of this course is to provide students with an insight into the various
elements of a ship, familiarize them with the working environment and working
conditions on board, and teach them safe work practices to prepare them better to
cope with unforeseen circumstances and emergencies when at sea.
Students who successfully complete the PSSR Course in Mumbai will build
competency in areas such as compliance with emergency procedures, precautions
to prevent marine pollution, observation of safe working practices, effective
communications, maintenance of good human relationships on board, and fatigue
The PSSR course can be completed individually or as part of the combined Basic
Safety Training (BST) course. In order to obtain your PSSR certificate, you will need
to take a short exit exam at the end of the course.
PSSR Course Eligibility:
- Ship Familiarisation.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Types of Emergencies.
- Shipboard Contingency Plans.
- Emergency Signals and Duties in the Muster List.
- Action to take in the Event of an Emergency.
- Importance of Training and Drills.
- Escape Routes, Internal Communication, and Alarm Systems.
- Impact of Shipping on the Marine Environment.
- Environment Protection & Pollution Prevention Measures.
- Safe Working Practices.
- Safety and Protective Devices.
- Maintaining Effective Communication on board.
- Maintaining Good Human and Working Relationships.
- Teamworking Principles.
- Social Responsibilities.
- Importance of Rest.
- Physical Stressors and their Effects on Seafarers.
- Fatigue Management.
- The PSSR Course in Mumbai is mandatory for all seafarers who wish to work onboard commercial ships.
- A minimum SSC Pass is a desirable qualification.
- INDOS Number is Mandatory.
- Candidate should be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- The candidate should be medically fit with good physical and mental health.
- INDOS Number.
- CDC (if applicable).
- SSC Passing Certificate.
- Valid Medical Fitness Certificate from a DG-approved doctor.
- Passport-sized photographs.
Course Fees: ₹7000/-.
Upon successful completion of the PSSR Course in Mumbai (whether individually
or as part of the BST course), candidates will receive a certificate of proficiency in
STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR).
This certificate has lifetime validity. However, it is recommended for seafarers to
refresh their knowledge and update their proficiency and skills in Personal Safety
and Social Responsibilities with a PSSR refresher course once every five years.